Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Blurry Kidney Bean



I haven't had time to scan the ultrasound pictures, so I tried the old "picture of a picture" with our digital camera. The results are pretty disappointing, but it's the best I can do without more technology. I also realize that the pictures are rather unimpressive for everyone but, say, Eric and me, but no matter how many times you tell yourself you are not going to be one of those couples who obsesses about "blobbish" ultrasound images, when you are handed the prints from the nurse midwife with the comment, "here is a picture of your baby," you want to go home and carry that photo around with you, "oohing" and "ahhing" at every little blur. (I am not sure if you can click on the photo and have it enlarged, but you can try!)

Gratitudes:

-I am grateful for the brief course of Zofran I was able to take, but panicked when my prescription ran out, and was told I would have to pay the full cost of the drug (hundreds of dollars) for a refill. My acupuncturist told me another of her pregnant clients takes 50mg of vitamin B-6 BID, and I have started with this regimen, finding slight respite from the nausea. Hooray! I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. My sis, Jamie used to call the little ones, "Little Cashew". Tee hee - little fetusus are funny.

    ReplyDelete