Friday, December 7, 2007

Pain in the Rear

Given how open I have been in the past in my posts, and that the number of people who have access to this blog at this point are rather limited, I have no shame in updating you all on the next obstacle that has challenged me: my recurrent pilonidal cyst. It's almost getting humorous...a girl who is always the one who avoids seasonal colds, migraines, sinus trouble, broken bones (save that stress fx)...has to have the "odd ball" conditions (fibrocystic breast disease anyone?). Let me say, for those who won't Google it, that a pilonidal cyst typically forms in sedentary, obese, hairy men. Well, the sedentary can be attributed to me right now, but not the latter. Basically, I have a huge abcess at the top of my tailbone in my back. Like a swollen grape. It feels like the rubbery grape I had removed from my breast in 2003, except that it is painful. Anyway, I almost laughed this morning when I rolled over and felt it. I say, "bring it on!" Well, no, I take that back. I would appreciate the uncomfortable signs and symptoms plaguing my body to at least hibernate for another 6 months. So far...swollen chest, extreme nausea, anxiety, acne, and now a pilonidal cyst. All those comments about "pregnancy glow" and how attractive pregnant women are, certainly were not thinking of me. :)

In the words of the Indigo Girls, "you have to laugh at yourself, or you'd cry your eyes out."

Gratitudes:

-This isn't so easy this morning, but I am grateful for how flexible my job is to allow me to feel disgusting in my comfort of my own home.

-I am thankful that Eric gets to travel up to the midwest this weekend for the X-C club nationals in which he will compete. I also pray that his team will be safe; they are driving a van up in what appears to be incliment weather in Ohio, and I hope they are safe!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that the pilonidal cyst is troubling you. I have been worrying about that (and something you had had on your lip???). Is there anything that can be done to eliminate it and the discomfort? The fibrocystic breasts you can blame on me, and I am not sure which predessor we can blame it on...!
    Your pregnancy glow will come - promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so psyched for you. I can't wait to give you a big hug this weekend.

    Oh girl, I've had those pilonidals too. Awful. I'm sure you've got it under control, but taking baths with epsom salt seems to help me. I'm assuming you'll have to wait until next summer for that luxury, but just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete