To keep things interesting, I will add a new segment, Nixed Names at the end of the blog. Currently, we have about 20 active names on our running list, and try to eliminate 1 or 2 every few days. Now you can let your minds wander with the 111 trillion other names we have to chose from in your quest to figure out the names. As some additional guidance:
- We are only looking at boys' names (duh)
- Eric is generally opposed to names that are either "too biblical" or begin with a vowel (although, we have names that fit both of those categories in our active list as of now)
- We have a strong preference for German and Welsh names
- Many of our names are nontraditional
- Although I love the name, "Jack" never made it on the list; too popular
- Eric Jr is not an option (per Eric Sr's request)
- We would love to use a family name, but let me provide you with a short list of the family names that will not make the cut (most are gems from my paternal side): Cloid, Delbert, Homer, Penrose, Maurice, Leonard, Ivor, Warren, Harold, Gideon, Ephraim, Amos, Rueben, Edwin, Chester, Enoch, LeRoy, Toby and Melvin
-I am thankful for Sunday mornings in bed with Eric, with the sun pouring on my skin, watching Chuck Osgood and Mo Rocca for some classic TV. I know this delight will shortly come to an end in a few months.
Here are the names that have gone from our joint active list to the "never to be considered again." I am sure it will be fun to figure out which one of us offered which name.
Jens (pronounced like the Japanese currency...honestly, was he serious?)
Jan (pronounced like what lots of new parents do throughout the day..."yawn")
*Please don't mind my interjection: does anyone else consider Jen(s) and Jan to be GIRL names? A lifetime of ridicule I tell you...