Thursday, April 17, 2008

Things that make you go "awww!"

First, a warm thank you to everyone who answered the queries from the previous post. I'll let you know if my friend has any interesting insight to share from her presentation or class.

My ability to communicate effectively continues to dwindle, as does my grasp on daily tasks. Case in point- I was surprised to find my cereal bathed in grapefruit juice the other morning. Not sure how that happened; I would like to blame it on gremlins that live in the condo, but a) not sure that I want gremlins living in our condo, and b) the truth is, we all know it was during one of my pregnancy hazes.

Given the status of my mental functioning, especially after a long work day, I am just going to post pictures of items that have recently made me go "awww!" Note: I have not had a baby yet, and cannot attest to any of the items charm or functionality.

Papili toys: super-cute, fair trade and organic cotton plush toys from France. (Certified by the fair trade label Max Havelaar. That means the entire process--from growing the cotton to manufacturing-- adheres to strict fair trade standards.)



Downtime Organic Sleepy Hat: (description not written by me. I would like a review of it before trying): "It blocks out light and visual stimulation to help your baby fall asleep and/or have uninterrupted, restful naps when it otherwise would be difficult to do so.Designed with safety in mind...this hat is completely breathable, super soft, 100% organic, and very light-weight so that you can feel good about putting it over baby's delicate skin and eyes.Use it before and/or during your child's sleep to ensure a happy, well-rested child and to get some well-deserved Downtime for yourself. Ideal for travel or at home. Safe. Our Sleepy hat is made with safety in mind. All fabrics used in the hat are completely breathable. And because it is attached to a hat (unlike older child and adult sleep masks), there is no risk of strangulation.
Gdiapers: I know, I know. So much contraversy related to diapering. I am sure we'll experiment with it all, but there is something so cute about the Gdiapers, and I like the composting idea (for the non-poop ones). I hear that Gdiapers and 7th Generation diapers still have some sort of "gel" in them that isn't the best, but I just don't think cloth diapering is a realistic option for a child in daycare. Anyway, babies in Gdiapers certainly makes me go "AWW!"




Gratitudes:

-For the generous gift of a running stroller from Grand Nana and GGPJ (great grandpa John). I imagine it will get many miles of use.

Nixed Names(the list is down to 7): SEBASTIAN, SAMUEL, MARCUS (as in Marcus Aurelius...guess whose name that one was?), Carter, Elliott, Henry, Max, Charles, Oscar, Noah, Isaac, Braxton, Hicks, Evan, Owen, Abe, Josef, Dylan, Griffin, Jens, Jan, Nevin, Emil, Milo, Luke, Lucas, Simon.

3 comments:

  1. GLADIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry - I believe that Marcus Aurelias was the name of Russell Crowe's character in that movie. Reading that made me laugh.

    Love those toys. How did that grapefruit soaked cereal taste, by the way?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam's been wearing a sleepy hat since college - yes, he wears it every night. And it makes me giggle every time I wake up and roll over.

    LIttle Linus totally needs one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you guys are just making up baby names here -- "braxton" "hicks" ??!? LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete