Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Miracle on Vanet Road

I like the idea of many bloggers for "Wordless Wednesday," so I think I might steal the idea. Of course, I will only be able to commit to "Almost Wordless Wednesday." Maybe I'll call it "Jr Varsity Wordless Wednesday" or "Predominately Wordless Wednesday."

I may have been smote by the broken rod, but the cosmos came around again, and Miles slept from 10:15pm until 6am. I'll let you have a moment to pick up your jaw from the floor...(moment)...let's hope for a repeat performance at least once a week from now on. And I just need to learn to go to bed at the same time. Like most moms, when the baby is asleep, you get energized to do all the things on the "to do" list: laundry, washing windows, paying bills, following up on e-mails...but everyone says, when the baby sleeps you need to sleep. I think that was coined by a man who has clearly never had children.

AND, he slept for 1 hour and 45 minutes at the ELC on his TUMMY. Who is this child? Ms. J (the Director) took pictures.

Gratitudes:

-No brainer: Miles's breakthrough performance at home and at the ELC.

On to the "almost wordless part:"

(full album of pictures found on Picasa)

Miles's first jogging stroller extravaganza.




5 comments:

  1. First, i AM SO SORRY the curtain rod took a tumble, but glad you were saved some public embarrasment. Perhaps you could get some decorative paper and put it in the window until Miles reaches the no more breastmilk mark? At least it would look pretty.

    Second, I must commend you for using "jr varsity". As a woman who has used the term in a job interview that led to a job offer, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miles asleep with his little booty up in the air is just TOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the pictures of Miles sleeping on the carpet are totally adorable!

    I hope Miles keeps up the sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and by the way, I am going to steal your traffic tracker widget and put one on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the pictures of Miles on Picasa... he looks like an adorable little doll-baby! Can't WAIT to meet this little fellow!

    Love... Aunt Dilys

    ReplyDelete