Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We interrupt this Ali Annals series for a Mum Moment

Instead of including gratitudes in my posts as I have in the past, I am going to start peppering my posts with the mom version of deep thoughts: Mum Moments. They may be general observations, fleeting opinions, parenting questions, or even fatigued rants. Tonight I have a few things I wanted to get off of my chest.

MUM MOMENTS:
  • 9 month olds do not like the sound of hail crashing into the house, but they do like to eat remotes for comfort
  • Try not to start conversations with moms of children aged zero to ~2 with, "is s/he a good sleeper?" I'll volunteer that information when it happens.
  • I finally have "pinned the smell" of Miles's poop. Since he started eating solids, the unoffensive sour milk smell has been replaced with poop that smells like horse manure at Old Sturbridge Village in MA.
  • Following, you know you are a parent (or a Grunkle with C.diff) when you obsess about poop (and that includes talking about its color, consistency and frequency with any other parent).

No comments:

Post a Comment