Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daddy-O

From Daddy-O
In honor of this evening's post, I am including a video of one of our new favorite children's artists: Frances England. Thanks to Mama D for introducing us!

This past week Eric had the pleasure of spending every day being a SAHD (stay-at-home-dad). His school had break, which means that the ELC is closed. Some may claim inconvenience, but I think it is absolutely awesome that Eric gets concentrated Daddy-O time--and he agrees! Of course, I am sure that he was not planning on Miles cutting two top teeth this week, but life with children throws you curve balls, and he dealt with the ornery munchie like a champ. They had a great time, and Miles had marathon naps and is still (please oh please don't let me jinx this) sleeping through the night.

Daddy-O decided it was photo shoot day early in the week and he spent the whole day documenting Miles as a surprise for me when I got home. Tonight I will dazzle you with the best of the Day with Dad shoot. (Sunday nights are hard for me to produce anything of merit on this blog. Also, you'll notice that the pictures are not all centered; I finally clued into the fact that I can post pictures directly from Picasa and don't have to export large files from iPhoto to my desktop to upload.)

How does every good day start? With teething biscuits, of course! And getting as messy as possible.
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O


Then Daddy-O decided it was product placement time.
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O

In our ever quest to develop a crawler, Eric was diligent in putting Miles on his tummy as much as possible. Please enjoy a little montage of our baby's progression from tolerance to rage:
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O

Eric wisely decided to take Miles to the park in our neighborhood. Please note: Dad decided to leave Miles's face caked with teething biscuit (makes 'em cuter, no?) and also decided to have him wear his Baby Legs "saggin' style." Okay, I have gotten so much grief about the various Baby Legs this child has. Are they glorified baby leg warmers? Perhaps...but they make diaper changing SO much easier! And they are not just for flash dance or for girls.
Regardless, Dady decided to just scoot the BLs down past Miles's feet and bring him to the park in all of his striped glory. He actually reminds me of the Wicked Witch when she is crushed by Dorothy's house--you see those striped legs poking out of the foundation. Luckily, Dads can get away with this kind of stuff, and even more, it makes me smile.
From Daddy-O
From Daddy-O
The one thing I don't like is that the swing just looks awfully gross.
From Daddy-O

But nothing matters when you come home to this face:
From Daddy-O
For Miles's fan club (i.e. family) full photo shoot here.

And one more Frances England--Miles's favorite!

2 comments:

  1. hilarious - looks like those two had a heck of a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh! I have tears of laughter running down my face! I love the saggy baggy BL's and the crusty little adorable face! Thanks, Eric for chronicling your day!

    ReplyDelete