Monday, April 20, 2009

I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes

The video speaks for itself!

It's a miracle, folks. Miles tests our patience in all realms of baby development, but his giggles, smiles and now crawling makes the anxiety and frustration melt away (unfortunately, they don't do much for gray hair). 11 months and 2 days and we can finally say our baby has crawled. We've never had a champion eater, napper, sleeper, sign languager (totally made up word), but there is no question that our family has grown to appreciate more fully the little victories of life. And to boot, he ate 3 pear chunks without gagging. Little victories... (Now if we can only conquer the sippy cup.)

8 comments:

  1. he is too cute!!! from what people say, he will probably be running in a matter of weeks now....and you will be saying, gee I wish the days he just sat there....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Miles Go! Better get those track shoes warmed up, he's going to be running sprints soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatta a little munchin - he is so beautiful! And the leg warmers are the best - ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crawling? The pivots were my favorite part! He is probably like...where has this wood floor been all my life? I'm so amazed how much he's come since I saw him six weeks ago...he had no clue about being on all fours then. Now, he's like, "Get outta my way. I'm going to hide your cell phone under the couch!" Oh, and I'm going to find me some young ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant "Oh, I'm going to find me some ladies." It looks like I'm going to find some ladies myself. Hmmm...hadn't thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy, laughing baby on the move? What could be better than that!? Try to treasure each of those milestones. It all passes too quickly and by kindergarten, no one will be even thinking about how and when children started to crawl, walk, sign, talk, etc. Each in his/her own time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was Miles crawling like that when we Skyped on Saturday? He seems like he made a quantum leap in the course of a few days. I actually think the butt spin pivot is as impressive as his crawling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY MILES! Now you really are going to have to watch him all of the time!

    BTW, those baby legs are by far the coolest things ever.

    ReplyDelete