Friday, July 3, 2009

We're BAAAACK!

From June 2009
So much to write, so little time. I don't imagine life slowing down a pinch, and anyone who parents a toddler can stand behind me on that one! I rarely get to the computer during non-working hours, but do feel slightly bad that I have let the all of 10 people (half of whom are family) who read this blog down with such a delay in posting.

A LOT has gone on in the Heintz household. It will take a few posts to catch you all up with the achievements, setback and surprises, but lets start with the most immediate: Miles is out of his cast! Three weeks wasn't as terrible as I thought. Miles's leg wasn't emaciated when it came off, and the x-ray showed his tibia has healed. It will take at least a month for him to "get back" to where he was prior to the cast, so I am sure walking, like crawling, will be exceptionally delayed. My guess? 18 months. He also has just stopped crawling with a phantom cast. It was so funny--he crawled with his left leg stuck out for days. I'll try to post some funny videos soon. Just this post and pictures has stolen too much time away from the insanity of our lives.

Atlanta has lived up to its reputation as an inferno, and we have had mid 90s for days, without a drop of rain. It gets old, folks. So, Grandma and Opa Heintz kindly funded our quest for a kiddie pool. Pictures below.

Finally, Nana Deysher is here for FIVE WEEKS and we also got to steal Uncle Nick away for the weekend while Aunt Tracey is exploring Espana. The best part--when Miles wakes up at 6am (or earlier), Nana has said she will take him and let us sleep a little longer. Sweet Jeebus--our lives have changed. I know many people have dream babies who sleep 12 hours starting at 7:30pm, but for those of us who do not, sleeping IN until 7:30am is like having ice cream for dinner. It is so good...but you feel oh so naughty.

As I said, more news to come (and I'll try to hark back to the days of establishing some value in my posts outside of the day-to-day banal chronicling of life with a 13 month old), but it's time to go play! Enjoy the recent pictures. Full album at Picasa.

Rocking the cast
From June 2009


Hanging with Daddy in the morning
From June 2009


Product placement
From June 2009


I love my new pool!
From June 2009

3 comments:

  1. I love it! As an avid blog follower, I was delighted to read this and see more of Miles in his cast (since all I saw was the cast off cast and the phantom crawling baby). By the way folks, he's making amazing progress with crawling and pulling up. Walking seems to be more of a form of entertainment than a potential means of locomotion at this point. He will walk, though - promise!
    Love, NanA (new nomiker assigned after Nicholas protested "Oma")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Ali!!!
    I'm glad to hear the Miles' cast stint wasn't terribly traumatic for you...congrats on overcoming another speed bump!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! I love how the pool has shade! Now, that's my kind of pool! Congrats on getting the cast off!

    So glad to see you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete