Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bare bottom approval

Well folks, the carpet is gone and after 2 nights of labor, we have a new lead-free floor! Here are the messy before, mid-work, and after shots (capped off with Miles crushing his tiddly bits as he flew down the step to explore the new room after his nightly bath):
From Last Roll
From Last Roll
From Last Roll
From Last Roll
From Last Roll
The edging work still needs to be added, but it already looks better. You can just see the lead-free shine. Let it be known that the DIY was worth it, but you definitely get what you pay for--I wouldn't be surprised if these IKEA floors will not last into Miles's high school days, but our intention is not to last in this house (or last in it without some major additions) that long, either. There are a few seams that are not flush and will drive me nuts, but saving hundreds of dollars makes up for it. We are now on the hunt for a chemical free, large rug. And we are going to be replacing both doors in the room with doors that have lots of windows to the outside so we can let in more light. And we will buy some high traffic FLOR tiles for the entrance areas for people to park their shoes.

After Miles's bath, he B-lined it for the new floor and spent quite a bit of time cruising around, bare bottomed, enjoying the space. You can witness his joy in the video below (please don't turn me in for child abuse, he really likes to air out his bottom after baths--and it does wonder for any indication of red bum!). The video is long, but I had to combine 2 of them for Nana as he does his cute wave to her at the end...and you'll notice he magically acquires his diaper and PJ pants half way through...and pardon the annoying Flip Video music I chose to keep it a tad entertaining.

Speaking of Nana, I'll do my ode to Nana post shortly. It is her last night. I am in utter denial.

In baby Kilometer news (as Nana calls the baby, "Meter"), we had a fantastic 13 week appointment and ultrasound. I somehow lost a few lbs, but I think it was because my appointment was so early. I do feel like after 8pm, if I pull up my shirt to expose my abdomen, that you can see the "paunch," but am hoping that the real belly appears sooner than last time--especially so I don't have to make any kind of formal announcement at work! (No worries, the bosses and close office mates have been informed.)
From Last Roll
Nana accompanied me to the appointment while Miles played with his favorite boy babysitter. Kilo is growing AHEAD of schedule by a few days and is moving around like crazy; I just cannot feel it. The u/s is rather "Skeletor," but you'll see how much Kilo has turned into a more human-like figure. My husband may kill me, but my mother, Dr Moore and myself are 99.9% positive of this child's gender. It was as clear as it comes. I felt bad that Eric wasn't there, but no one was expecting to see what we saw. We have to wait until close to 20 weeks to get official confirmation (I am pretty sure Dr M made the official note in my chart, though!), but we are all positive that we'll be saving a lot of money in the future. I have some slight ambivalence about the discovery, but will go into that in later post. But let me say it is so thrilling to have such a positive appointment, and to have my mom there was really special. Hearing Kilo's heartbeat was as priceless as it gets, and I am almost all preggo teary thinking about it. I just cannot believe this 2nd little miracle.

And to end on a classic Miles note, here is a picture of my little boy with lunch all over his face. This was after the grape and cream cheese had been wiped off his cheek. I heard my mom laughing so hard from the other room while I was working that I actually thought she was crying! Of course we needed some documentation.
From Last Roll

video

6 comments:

  1. OMG, he LOVES the new floor! That video was awesome. I cannot believe with all the craziness of the summer, you guys installed a floor too??? Y'all is ca-razay, girl!

    It looks fantastic! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new floor! and obviously miles doe, too! priceless video and the wave to nana! can't believe the difference since last u/s! baby k is totally a baby now! 3d is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now the tears are coming. I miss you all!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ultrasound picture is amazing!
    The floor looks amazing and this video made me grin from ear to ear. I'm so happy the pregnancy is progressing smoothly and that your mother was there to share the joy with you.
    So much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MIles is ON THE MOVE! He is too cute crawling around like a little speed demon. And, of course, crawling up Mommy's legs. Love the new floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, he just gets more and more adorable with every day that passes! Thanks for the much needed laughter and smiles :)

    Lots of love,
    Aunty Shirley

    ReplyDelete