Sunday, August 16, 2009

UPDATED: I want to ride my bicycle!

From I want to ride my bicycle!



(Update at the end-sorry for formatting issues. I cannot get the spaces to be deleted between pictures) I have mentioned a few times how much Miles enjoys being outside. I am seriously considering pitching a tent and having him take naps and sleep overnight outside. The first thing he does when he gets up in the morning (read: when we allow him out of his crib at 6am after an hour of working to get him back down to sleep), is walk you to the front door and ask to go outside. The asking is sort of a point and grunt/whine. I try to appease him by hoisting him up on the couch by the picture window and letting him giggle at the dark, empty street. This distraction is short-lived.

We do the 1+ daily walks, running with the jogging stroller, playing ball, feeling grass, getting the mail, watering plants...any excuse to get him outside. Well, we have now found a new activity--bike riding! My friend Studs sent me an e-mail a few weeks back about this new, inventive bike seat for toddlers--the iBert Safe-T seat. Not one day later did one of my gazillion mommy blogs have a review about the very same seat. Then, Eric is at the park with Miles and actually sees someone using the iBert. The next thing you know, it is being shipped by Amazon to our house. We love it! It is a great way to get him to the park. After a few days of adjustment, Eric is pretty good with him on the bike. I'll stick to jogging yards behind them as my bike skills only rival my skills driving a stick shift (some of you will TOTALLY get that.)
From I want to ride my bicycle!




From I want to ride my bicycle!


True, there are not many things cuter than little newborn pieces of clothing, but a toddler bike helmet comes in a close 2nd.

I took some footage of the very first test ride. The music and background chatter kind of clash, but I had to put this song on the video. It's also long, and not very interesting after the first 30 seconds.

If you own a bike and have a toddler, I totally recommend the iBert. In the meantime, I am looking for the iBert Safe-T Preggo seat. Now THAT would be hilarious.

Update before the riveting video: Apparently Miles is a trend setter. I knew it when he took the world of babylegs by storm...Schlotty just informed me that "Donna Martin" and her no name Husband are fans of the iBert! PLEASE NOTICE: Neither "Donna" nor No Name are wearing helmets. TISK TISK. That is one of my biggest pet peeves--what kind of modeling is that??

video

4 comments:

  1. Miles absolutely LOVES it! That is awesome. Good for you guys for finding time to get outside! You'll all be so fit and full of fresh air and vitamin D, thanks to Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I imagine it's a bit of a challenge for Eric (although then riding sans son will seem like a lark), but how great that Miles is riding safely between his Daddy's arms and in close communication with Daddy. Thank goodness no bike trailer. You've made me a happy Nana! I love the video.
    Oh, now riding to the park with me and the stroller will seem very pedestrian - literally! I am not a bike rider, though. It will be walking for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thing is AWESOME! so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Studs! I totally sent you the email about this thing! I wish I had a kid to tote around on my bike like you guys. Kickstand would probably feel nice, I think...sounds like you figured that out. And honestly, I think Miles's helmet is more decoration. Why is it that baby helmets never stay on right? I'm so excited for Miles!

    ReplyDelete