Saturday, October 31, 2009

BOO!

From More Halloween 2009


From More Halloween 2009
Halloween was celebrated on a lovely fall Thursday at Marist. Toddlers are HARD to contain, and we don't have 1 good picture of Miles in his costume. The debate on what he should be (Little Eric or skeleton) raged early at 7:15am until we finally decided to do a paired number with Eric being Steve Irwin "before the stingray and Miles being the "after." It worked...sort of?

We had to go back and look at Halloween pictures from last year just to see how much he has grown.
From 1st Halloween
Oh my he was so delicious (still is, but in a different way).

We also carved our first pumpkin as a family. We paid homage to Miles's 2nd favorite book--Goodnight Moon. (Have I mentioned this is both Eric any my least favorite? We read it at least 2 times EVERY night per Miles's request...that, and Freight Train, which is more tolerable). Miles was more interested in throwing the paper on the floor, but the results were a good mix of Ali's ineptitude in art, and Eric's lack of dexterity due to the dull kitchen knife on the pumpkin flesh. We ended up with a nondescript barn yard animal jumping over the moon. It worked...sort of?
From More Halloween 2009
From More Halloween 2009
From More Halloween 2009
From More Halloween 2009


The real fun recently has been Miles positioning himself in all sorts of secret places in our house. It started with the lower cabinets in our kitchen. He gets so frustrated when he A) closes his fingers in the drawer or B) cannot close it all the way because of his little toes sticking out. Actually, it started when we let him destroy our cabinet under the sink with the zillion cloth rags we have (don't worry, he has NO access to our cleaning supplies--and even so, they are all just vinegar and Dr Bronner's!). He would take everything out and "sort" the rags over and over (he does this with laundry, too). One day he realized the empty cabinet was just his size. So, he moved on to other lower cabinets in our kitchen, and then this week I walked into the kitchen after going into the pantry, and he was sitting in the bottom drawer where all of his bowls for school are located! We have certain drawers and areas in our kitchen that are Miles friendly (i.e. we let him explore), but he has now taken it to a new level. And then there is the book shelf in our family room (he has a secret reading spot) and now he has found a little picnic chair in the corner of his room that he hides on and sits and reads. I need to get that on camera. I have strung together some video below. I think this is our least inspiring video, but I know how much family miss all of the mundane things that make us giggle (and everyone else yawn). You'll also notice Miles turned the drying rack into a toddler "walker" (and you'll also notice we ALWAYS have NPR on--I swear we don't! We play lots of kids' music, too, but most of our videos are at dinner time and Eric is addicted to Market place, and you'll see the mess of the kitchen Miles makes every night). Oh, the first part of the video is us ripping off the first of our chain in the "events that need to occur before Kilo is born." I am NOT happy in the video--and not because of the chain, but because my herniated belly button was killing, I hadn't showered, yet, had no make-up and was feeling delightfully disgusting. Eric insisted on doing a video, and I obliged only because I had a much cuter toddler in my arms to distract attention.

And how is Kilo? Great! Moving like crazy (he is sitting so low), and flipped so he is now breech. I am no longer working in the office as my OB does not think it is in my best interest. Still rockin' the terbutaline every 4 hours and trying not to gain too much weight or lose too much sanity on this whole modified bed rest exploration. Here's to another 10 weeks...but we hit 27 today!

Let's hope the time at home inspires some better posts. I feel I have totally dropped the ball and am feeling a little "flat" these days.
video

4 comments:

  1. I think your "Good Night Moon " pumpkin is wonderful! I had to laugh at Miles's drying rack "walker" and his sitting in the drawer. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good vibes your way! I think about you and kilo so much and hope that this long saga ends with a happy, health baby and momma.

    Loved the halloween costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure that's a cow and not some sort of pegnant wolf or capibara?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not a Capibara (I can't think of how to spell that). It's head is not big enough. It looks like a portly cow to me...

    ReplyDelete