Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Belly Buttons and Pumpkins

From pumpkin patch 101809
From pumpkin patch 101809
From pumpkin patch 101809


First, a true story:

Last Friday we had some friends over we hadn't seen in a quite some time. We decided to order out Malaysian (we are trying only to order out 1 time a month!) so Eric and our friend K drove for the food while J and I got Miles ready for bed. Enter: bath time. I usually try to find a comfortable way to sit during bathtime, and if Eric is around, I'll take position on the toliet "singing chair" while Eric does floor duty. Although we do usually have a good 10 minute bath of playing, this night's bath was longer b/c I was being a negligent mom and pretty much letting Miles play on his own while J and I talked. I mean, I wasn't in the other room letting Miles play with knives and my hairdryer in the tub, but I wasn't "engaged" with him as normal. I was sitting on my knees right next to the tub, washing him and talking for quite a bit. My belly button was getting uncomfortable. Much like last pregnancy, the area around my "button" gets really sore as the abdomen stretches. I thought the pain was just that. I get Miles out of the tub, dressed, teeth brushed and as we are walking out, notice something hard above my belly button. I looked and had a huge flesh colored bump protruding from my not-so-innie-anymore. OUCH! Total hernia. I told Eric to feel the bump, and he was like "GROSS!" So I pushed on it. And the kidney, intestines, omendum, or whatever internal part of my belly that pushed through to the outside was pushed right back in with a "pop". No joke. I heard it. I felt a big hole, and of course asked Eric to feel it again. "Even more gross!" So now I have a really sore area above my belly button that kind of feels like a hole and am seriously afraid to sit down and have my intestines leak out again.

Speaking of intestines leaking, we spent a lovely morning at the pumpkin patch this past weekend. (Okay, there is NO conceivable link between my herniated belly button and a pumpkin patch, but I am not sure I'll get around to posting again this week). The weather was perfect, and Miles LOVED to bang on the pumpkins. I am pretty sure 90% of my readers already say these pictures on facebook, but I had to post some of my favorites.

From pumpkin patch 101809
From pumpkin patch 101809
Blowing Daddy a Kiss!
From pumpkin patch 101809
From pumpkin patch 101809
From pumpkin patch 101809
From pumpkin patch 101809
And the Heintz family as interpreted by pumpkins

From pumpkin patch 101809

And a link to the full album. (You'll notice some of the trip home in the car when I broke the golden rule of carseats and new cars--food in the car! Miles was late with his lunch, and hadn't had a snack...so I sat in back and monitored the crumb situation. You can see him signing "more" in one of the photos. He is our little garbage disposal.)

Finally #1, Mrs. J at Miles's school continues to send me the cutest pictures of Miles at school. Here are a few recent ones. HE IS A MESS! We have so many cute clothes, but I hesitate, now, sending him in great duds b/c if it isn't his snacks or lunch, it is paint, dirt, or general toddler goo. You'll also see that he is just about the size of his girlfriend E at school--who is over 2!! The cubbies are his new favorite game. That, and sitting in our kitchen cabinets or bookshelves on the floor in the family room. And, no, that is not a grizzly bear, but Eric dropping Miles off at school. 'Tis the season for his XC beard. Only a few more weeks left until he shaves! And the last picture is of Miles eating the ENTIRE racecar cake of his friend's 2nd birthday. I am telling you--he can really put it away.

Finally #2, I am past 25 weeks! Soon I can rip off the Halloween chain in the "chain of events that need to happen before Kilo is born." Belly pics, soon. And I promise I won't post one of the hernia...

2 comments:

  1. Several thoughts (beyond the eeewh! about the hernia). What gorgeous photos at what looks like a great pumpkin patch! I can see that you will be able to go and pick out a Christmas tree there as well.
    I love Miles's coat, and he looks so grown up with his little boy haircut and now that he's on his feet. Wow!
    Do dress him in crummy clothes for Day Care since they are going a great job letting the kids get messy with art and eating. We urge our parents to do the same. Think about that when you attend the consignment sales and buy some mess-worthy clothes and others for "nice".
    I love all of your pumpkins and pumpkin family. The family next door is starting to create their annual spooky display, and we need to get our pumpkins!
    Take care of that belly, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see the hernia! Nothing can be as dramatic as my sis, J's, hernia - remember the torpedo belly?! (All with love, J, if you read this!!!).

    The new pix you posted on miles are gorgeous! He can really strike a pose!

    ReplyDelete