Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And now...WE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

February 16th is the day that the Heintz family journeyed on the road to fighting oral cancer. Hell, we both decided last night that we are giving up cancer for Lent.

We got the devastating news and are on ATTACK mode. I am so thankful my parents are here this week to help, but there is no question we are in over our heads and need all the support people can be willing to muster. I have no idea where this blog will go, but I imagine we'll use it to keep everyone up to date on our progress.

Eric is doing remarkably well, considering, but we already have moments of sheer desperation. Insurance, testing, chemo, surgery...such scary things.

And then there are the boys. I am glad they are not old enough to understand, but Miles already could sense things were amiss and had a rough night last night.

Join us in fighting this awful disease. It's gonna be a wild ride.

I think Eric put it best: "I just realized I am always going to be labeled. Cancer Survivor."

You better believe it...

8 comments:

  1. Cancer Survivor is a proud club to be in. We are here for you all the way, every moment of every day. There is a marathon ahead, but Eric has endured marathons before, and this time when it's all said and done he's going to be ready for the Iron Man! We love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric is a fighter, no doubt about it! We are beside you 100%!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys-
    If there is ANYTHING we can do, please,please, please let us know. Dan and I received the news last night and immediately started pryaing....I knew I would hear a positive (fighter) blog from you this AM. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great attitude. Tons of hugs to you. Kick ass, guys. --Tamara

    PS. Look into probiotics for this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If any family could find the strength to conquer this, it is yours. You all have proven yourselves to be true fighters and I have no doubt that you will win this battle too! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you "Go Fight Win!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the prayers in the world, Heintz family. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giving up cancer for lent - that is the BEST thing I've ever heard of giving up. You go!

    BTW, one of my students asked if it as Ash Wednesday today (which I seriously have no idea, but after you mentioning Lent I am thinking it is!), and I immediately thought, "Oh lord - do I have something on my forehead?!?!" I'll never forget Mrs. Coles for that reason.

    ReplyDelete