Sunday, February 14, 2010

"I Choo Choo Choose You..."



It's been quite an eventful Valentine's Day weekend, and I don't have any clever literary quips or tricks to begin today's post, so it is totally a buffet--random selection of mediocre dishes. In fact, I am almost 100% positive I used this same Simpson quote for one of my past V-day posts. Too lazy to go back and check.

Still no word on Eric's results. Follow-up appointment is Tuesday. Continued thanks for the well wishes...

We spent the first part of the weekend dealing with SNOW. And it really was snow--not just the threat, but snow that stuck on the ground! Eric took some great shots of the trees,
From Snow and V-Day
and Miles spent the morning outside frolicking in the powder. I couldn't download the video for some reason, but Eric and Miles also got to go "sledding" in our front patch of grass on a cookie sheet. (Don't mind the crusty nose. It's a staple in my house...along with gas.)

From Snow and V-Day
From Snow and V-Day
From Snow and V-Day


After the snow got boring, we headed over to Marist to swim in the pool. It's hard being a toddler trapped in the same house all day, so we packed up and headed over to the heated pool. It was a really fun day! Felix was along for the ride, and his adaptability continues to impress me. Such a chill baby (minus any time his intestinal track is asked to do work).

Reason #111 why children can be SO different. First, Felix is just getting chunkier and chunkier. Part of me is stunned just because Miles never really "filled out," but also because Eric and I don't scream "chunkeroony!" But it is fun--save the smelly rolls. Oh yes, I just went there. Babies are cute, but when they get rolls...they trap things like breast milk and Prevacid pellets. YUCK! Eric keeps reminding me that his chunk is 100% supported by my nursing. That whole concepts still floors me--can I really be responsible for nourishing this child...and creating such delicious rolls? But then I think of how constant his nursing is, and my surprise dissipates.
From Snow and V-Day
From Snow and V-Day


Reason #112: Felix went 3 DAYS without pooping. Okay, Miles still doesn't go 3 HOURS without pooping, so this was a shock. I know it is common in breast fed babies, but I was so worried the resultant pooplosion when he did go would spray in my face. Alas, it didn't. But this kid just isn't a big pooper.

Reason #113: He may not poop a lot, but let's recall the Heintz house of toots and poop--THIS KID'S TOOTS ARE TOXIC. Breast milk poop still doesn't smell bad, but I have no idea what kind of chemistry experiment he is conducting in his colon, but it has to include sulfur or some sort of Satan gas...Felix can clear a room. This does not bode well for attracting a girlfriend (or boyfriend...I'm flexible!).

Speaking of girlfriends, here is a non-sequitor picture of his g-friend, Frida, in action. I thought you all would enjoy.
From Snow and V-Day
And here he is, all clear!
From Snow and V-Day


I am telling you, Frida is amazing. And I am getting a great lung workout every day, which is important since I AM RUNNING AGAIN!
From Snow and V-Day
Yup. You better believe it. And what does any champion start her day out with? 2 doughnuts and a coke. Nothing says "I'm ready to get in shape" like a breakfast full of transfat and sugar. Hey, it is Valentine's day. :) I recognize that the last little bit I have to go to get my pre-pregnancy shape is not happening by sheer prayer and hope (nor is it happening with doughnuts and coke). And enough weeks on bed rest while watching shows like the Biggest Loser have sent me into a full on attack of the running fever. And the Olympics starting just adds fuel to my fire. I am back in the shoes, folks, and had an amazing first run. I started with a 10 minute fast walk, and then it was like nothing had changed. No babies had been in my uterus...next thing I know, I am clocking 7:10 minute miles for an hour! Okay, that is a complete lie. I finished all of 30 minutes, but I felt really good. My goal is to spend the next couple of months getting back into shape, and then tackling all of my road race personal records toward the fall.(Under 20 min 5k, baby!) Given that there is a 60/40 chance we will have kids again, I feel okay pouring myself into training (no significant threat of having additional pregnancies in the foreseeable future).
From Snow and V-Day


And for kicks, we spent the day today singing songs, watching the fire in our fireplace (which ultimately made our fire alarm go off at the EXACT moment Miles prematurely woke up from his nap after an hour, Felix needed (wanted) to nurse, and Eric was in the shower in the middle of shaving. Chaos ensued), and chillin' in our PJs. And we have to thank Mama Schlotty for the boys' PJs. She made the most adorable pants for the boys from organic fabric I had sent to her (I won it in a contest, and we all know I cannot sew a thing, so I gifted it on to her).
From Snow and V-Day
Miles is impossible to capture on camera now as he is in perpetual motion, but I got some fashion shots of Felonious Chunk in his pants. It's 5pm, and they are both still wearing the pants (although, Miles's have peanut butter and snot all over them). (Please also note in Mama Amy's post the AMAZING organic schlocks and bag she made for me. I'm in love with the bag...it's my new diaper caddy. No one said new moms cannot be stylish! She truly is the craft queen)
From Snow and V-Day
From Snow and V-Day


Here is Miles clapping for Jason Mraz (again, soon to be the star of another post--but I am Mrazzed out today and do not feel like going there...and if I attach the video, I'll hear nothing but "ONG! ONG! ONG!" from Miles all night).
From Snow and V-Day
And one of him calling Aunty Amy to say thanks for the pants...on my chapstick of course.
From Snow and V-Day


Tonight will be capped off with an early bedtime, Olympics and Cheesecake factory take out...and perhaps a 3rd doughnut. Good thing I am running again tomorrow.

(Full album of all of our weekend craziness here)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! Sigh! What adorable children. Felix looks like a baby doll in some of the shots, and of course Miles is the cutest toddler. Amy's crafty pants are great - what a talent, Amy.
    Congratulations on resuming your running. I know how much that means to you, Alison.
    Off to bed to get ready for the big trip to Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sledding on a cookie sheet - classic. Those pj bottoms are just the best! Congrats on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ali - Your boys are beautiful, and I'm so glad you had a good Valentine's Day. I hear you on the crusty nose, although it's our first cold with Orion this week. /sigh/ Knew it had to happen eventually, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, happy, silly post! Congrats on running again, and Atlanta getting snow, and Felix's rolls!

    --Tamara

    ReplyDelete