Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nothing says GI bug like flying kites

From Flying kites

Day 5 of intestinal hell. Everyone in our house is sporting pants that are hanging off of our jagged hip bones. No joke. Miles survived the children's ER and is on Zofran and probiotics. I'm trying really hard to remain positive, so I refuse to dwell anymore on how absolutely hideous the last few days have been. Having sick children is soul decaying.

Yesterday we had a brief reprieve and spent the afternoon riding bikes to the park where we played with our new kite and then polished off the night by getting free Italian ice at the local ice shop. (And then Miles took a nose dive and got sick again today). Grandpa was kind enough to get Miles a kite this week and we finally had some sun and wind to play. (I think Dah-Dee liked it the best). I used to fly kites with my Dad and brothers at Upton Park and this just brought back a lot of memories. I hope that we can get out again soon--my kite skills are really lacking.
From Flying kites
From Flying kites
From Flying kites
From Flying kites
From Flying kites

And then to close. A video of our sick weekend. I swear my baby said his first word. Okay, just kidding, but we caught a few moments of his cooing that makes the rough times worth it. It's followed by Miles's new obsession-SCREAMING. I only taped a bit because he got too distracted by Eric's work at putting room darkening shades in his room. You'll notice his hair is slicked back with his own nose slime. And to finish Miles enjoying one of Nana's songs. You can see him "act out" the line "and now he's sick in bed." Too cute. Cuter when he isn't distracted by the camera.

Here's to a better week.

PS--(HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Adam and Bec!)

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I love this. It totally brightened up my day of just sitting in my house working. Your boys are so cute and you look beautiful. I love Miles's shirt...it finally fits him, almost one year later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are beautiful. I just caught myself with the biggest grin on my face watching your video!

    Here's to a better week... indeed. Take a family break and watch LIFE tonight on Discovery... I'm super excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we go fly the kite during our visit? I'd love that.
    The boys are so beautiful they make my heart swell. It made me so happy to see you all outside with some sunshine and smiles.
    That video is precious.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGh, you've been through SO much, this bug hardly seems fair on top of everything else! Hope you are all feeling better soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, the video of the kiddos is precious indeed. As said by many, it brought a smile to my face - especially Miles' faces and screams!

    Secondly, sick kids is horrible, but you forgot to add what is truly soul decaying - sick kids AND cancer. It sucks everything out of you and you find yourself screaming as you look up to the heavens saying, "Are you kidding me?" I found myself in that spot too many times to count, but they passed and sunnier, better days followed. I know it is hard to dream of that now, but it will happen - have faith!

    I am so happy that your mom and dad are w/ you to help you all through this crazy time.

    We think of you often and wish health and sunny days to come.

    Love Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Mrs. D...Shall I call American Idol and tell them you'll be one to watch for the next season....You sounded great.

    You are all in our prayers as you continue this journey of recovery...Lots of love from Boston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH!! I never flown a kite before! Definitely, looks fun!! Glad things are going well again!

    See you are SUPER ALI! Keep staying positive!!

    P.S. The video = CUTE!

    ReplyDelete