Monday, April 26, 2010

Daddy Doppleganger

I don't have much time because I am at home with a sick toddler (again). Yet another virus has struck the ELC and Miles is the 3rd child to have to stay home with the latest and greatest sickness. This darn childcare germ spreading business better pay off in dividends in a year or two when he has an iron clad immune system. (But remarkably, he's never been on antibiotics or had an ear infection!)  Until then, fever and cough and the pediatrician (to the tune of a $40 copay) told us what I expected: fluids, rest, and Motrin. Luckily, he's in a great mood. Pray it doesn't turn into croup like it did for one of his classmates. I'm all done with the Children's ER.

While Mommy searched frantically for the Motrin that Daddy hid from her, Miles found Daddy's old glasses and put them on. A had to act quick and took 2 cell phone pictures. If that isn't a vision of the future, I don't know what is.

I'm terrified he's going to wake up from his nap and have already gone through puberty.

Oh, I just love my boys...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Too cute! Yes, by the time he is in kindergarten, Miles (and Felix in his turn) should have great immune systems in place! I think the fact that he nursed for quite awhile protected him for the last year.
    Hang in there - it will not be as bad as the stomach chaos that ensued earlier this year.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!!! those viruses are making him stronger. . . or at least that is what we tell parents ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Germs are nasty and we do not like them (Sam I am)! Try to enjoy the time together, making great memories and loving the quiet time.

    I am sorry to confirm your suspicions, but he will grow up that fast - take it from a mom who is sadly in that state right now!

    Enjoy the time you have, because it flies by much too fast.

    ReplyDelete