Monday, April 12, 2010

Extra! Extra!

My husband will not be happy that I am sharing this, but for goodness sake--the darn kid was in the Sunday paper! His response was "I'm kind of embarrassed." Of what? Okay, so the author isn't the most engaging writer, but it was really an honor to be called from the Atlanta Journal for a feature.


Full article here

That's all I have for tonight. More adventures for another night. Especially since we now have some footage of Miles playing the harmonica and Felix shooting the most delicious grins and giggles. Good thing it's documented as we are just about exhausted in the Heintz household by 7pm every night. Is it really only Monday?

And folks...we established a "quiet pillow" tonight welcomed with mixed feelings from the accused. Not sure he understands that you are NOT supposed to get up for 2 minutes (minutes of quiet time reflected by his age). Yup. We are official owners of a toddler. I looked for our receipt from Dekalb Medical from Miles's birth. Only a 30 day return policy.

I kid, I kid.

3 comments:

  1. Accolades well deserved, Eric! You are more amazing than you know...
    I look forward to seeing the harmonica playing toddler and the jolly 3 month old. Isn't it hard to imagine when they are little babies that you will ever be cross with them as they try to make their way in the world?! Toddlers are tough - cute but tough! This is the most challenging time of your lives as parents - exhausted beyond belief, hectic days, no breaks, runny noses, dirty diapers, and so on. It's a good thing they are adorable and love you immeasurably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, you're famous!!! And clearly very well-loved at Marist. It's important to share your experience with others: Eric, the teacher, cross country coach, dad, husband... now, Eric the life coach!

    I want some footage of a temper tantrum... ;) AND of this time out pillow... keep it up, guys - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that Miles finally learned to blow into the harmonica. After his performance with Tracey's B-day cake, I was worried that the breath support wasn't there yet.

    I know it says ages 6 and up, but I could imagine a little "naked boy" running around tooting like a steam train. Yay!

    ReplyDelete