Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nuncle and Ti Ti

Lions, tigers and naked mole rats, oh my!

From Easter Weekend 2010


Our Easter weekend started off right as Uncle Nick (Nuncle) and Aunt Tracey (Ti Ti, or "Tit" as Miles occasionally called her) flew in from Miami. They were accompanied by a "carn" (Miles-ese for guitar) or more specifically, a ukulele and harmonica. That's about all you need to get Miles going. Even better, the harmonica was a GIFT and now we have our own "choo choo" maker. Felix got a great Eric Carle stroller touch 'n feel book. Nuncle quickly picked up on Miles's language and constantly retorted to some of his indecipherable language with "Moo-caddah Moo-caddah." It made me laugh. Even more than him calling my son "Chief" all weekend. If you attended high school with me and knew my brother, you will understand this reference.

Let me back track--the festivities began with an Easter egg hunt at school. Miles especially loved the clear egg filled with a little green car.
From Easter Weekend 2010
He also loved the carrot cake muffins I made (see? He inhaled a second one at home before I could get the camera out), and loved shoving his grubby fist in his mouth to work on those canines.
From Easter Weekend 2010
You'll notice his attempt at asking for "one more" cupcake. I declined the request. Tears were had.

Friday was ZOO ATLANTA DAY! The W family in NY gifted us with a family pass during our whole new baby cancer warrior phase. I can now say that was probably one of the best gifts we have been blessed with. We cannot wait to go back. Despite Miles's solemn face in most pictures, he had a great time. He loved the entire day. For an enormously long day in the sun with droves of other families, he was an angel and didn't break down one time. A few times he confirmed to us that he is a) painfully shy, b) obsessed with watching other children play, c) a "wimp" as even "Mana" (Nana Anne) even commented. He wanted so badly to crawl through the tunnel into the naked mole rat exhibit, but kept getting stage fright. Maybe next time.
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
Please laugh at many of the pictures where Miles is saying "MOMMY!" with his gestures. That's his new thing: I need to be held like a little baby by my Mommy while I stroke her hair.
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
Okay, back to zoo pics.
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010


I took tons of pictures of the animals so that we could create a zoo book and go through the animals.
From Zoo Book
From Zoo Book
From Zoo Book
From Zoo Book
From Zoo Book
From Zoo Book
From Zoo Book
I'll have to refer to Nuncle regarding the official names of many of the animals. Beyond the big dogs (Elephant, Zebra), I retained nothing in terms of animal names. (Nuncle could not only name you, but also draw you any obscure animal. I fondly remember him sketching a narwhal in 2 minutes on a used napkin at a pizza joint this summer.) Here's a link to many of the amazing animals we saw in case you wanted to download and create your own zoo book--yes, I took over 60 pictures of caged animals!

The weekend was full of family fun...and your occasional almost two-year old breakdown. I wouldn't be surprised if Ti Ti went back to Miami and bought a "no vacancy" sign for her uterus.

We celebrated Ti Ti's birthday as well! And Grandpa even surprised us all by flying down for the festivities. The weekend was full of sing-a-longs, naked toddler races (with Miles singing his "BAH-DOO BAH-DOO song), Peeps, massages, Felix chunkage, and general family bonding. (Please enjoy the "family hat" that Ti Ti so kindly brought. I think we all rocked the cap at some point.)
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010
From Easter Weekend 2010


There's that "I want my Mommy" face. Classic. Link to more pics here.

And still...I didn't get enough pictures of the family together. Boo. Finally, more cute video...just because. video

4 comments:

  1. I miss you all so much already. We had such a wonderful time and have very happy memories. Thank you for this loverly post! Love and hugs to those sweet boys from Aunt Ti Ti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang, girl... those sweet coos (almost) make me want another baby! love his precious little noises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend (the Atlanta zoo is fabulous) and fitting end to my month with all of you. I will miss you so much but delight in the photos and video. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy you enjoyed the zoo! It looks way better than the Buffalo Zoo (not that this is saying much). I hope you get to go lots this year. Soon, Miles will be running around the house imitating all the exotic animals.

    ReplyDelete