Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mamarazzi Challenge Part 1

From mamarazzi
From mamarazzi
A favorite blog in my Google Reader is of The Anderson Crew: 3 Boys and a Little Lady. First, this mom has 3 boys, and writes the most amazing odes to her little men. Her daughter is pretty stinkin' cute, too! It doesn't hurt that all of her children are gorgeous, her blog has an amazing aesthetic, her photographer captures the most indelible moments (I need that camera!), her writing heart warming and dripping with positivity...oh, yeah...and she is wicked cute and trendy.
From mamarazzi

This week, she has initiated a embrace the camera challenge (mamrazzi).  Please mosey on over to her site to read the details, but the gist is this: moms are rarely in front of the camera with their children. It's time to start documenting our interactions with our little ones--impromptu. No make-up required; or special props, lighting, (or showers); just capture the moments as they are.Your kids will thank you someday.
From mamarazzi

I.hate.pictures.of.myself.
From mamarazzi

That's why I had children--to take the focus off of me! (joking)

Put me on stage, in front of large crowds--I'll talk a blue streak. I love performance, I just don't ever want it documented for me to review. But I am going to start to embrace it--or at least pretend to.
From mamarazzi
Here are my first offering from tonight. Of course I wanted to change, put on lots of make-up, straighten my hair...but you all get me and my kids from the 5-7pm shift. Sweaty, cranky...and full of love. Eric was kind enough to help me with some shots. Apologies for the absurd orange hue in Miles's room. Those creamsicle walls do a number with our camera. If I had any idea how to operate our flash, I probably could make them better. But that wouldn't be embracing the mission--would it?

My goal is to do the Mamarazzi challenge periodically, so you'll see I have titled this Part 1. We shall see...

The rest of my Mamarazzi photoshoot here

And here are another few just because. Felonious being Felonious. And Miles and I doing our gang symbol for "I love you" (bump the index fingers, and then kiss the tips of them. Too bad he overshot and hit his nose.)

From mamarazzi
From mamarazzi
From mamarazzi
From mamarazzi

10 comments:

  1. awww, those are so sweet! thanks for sharing with us. Im loving the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this! The pictures are great and you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous! I think all the more so because of the lack of effort. I'm inspired!!!

    (Honestly, though, these days as soon as we bring out the camera or the video Sarah just grabs for them and we CANNOT take anything! A phase???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pictures, your smile is infectious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with birdie, that your smile is totally infectious! so glad that you have joined the challenge---and THANK YOU so much for the kind words. i was smiling from ear to ear, reading what you wrote about us, and our blog.
    so, thanks again! i look forward to seeing more of your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! It's so true that there are not enough Mommy-children photos capturing real life rather than the Olan Mills-posed-still-life photos with the plastic smiles. You will treasure these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. there are by far some of my most favorite shots you've posted. so refreshing to see mommy in the photos. what sweet moments you captured. i love this challenge and can't wait to see more. you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fantastic idea. I may borrow it this weekend, if Ella will sit for a picture before saying "see, see." The pictures of you and the boys are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ali, you look so beautiful and happy. More please! :)

    ReplyDelete