Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mole...mole...mole

From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010
Happy Mother's Day! What a beautiful weekend. Granted, we had 2 days of car naps (mothers--you KNOW how hideous car naps can be), but it was a small price to pay for the gorgeous weather, amazing friends, and mountains of fun with the boys in our house. Please--look at those boys. Miles tried to take off his shirt and then decided to dance on our stripped bed. Oh, and we changed the sheets not because we are always diligent about changing them out like I was growing up, but because Felix pooped through his diaper onto the sheets. The antibiotics have caused some serious smelly, watery poops! And I've had to add the liquid to bottles of milk to get him to keep it down. WHY do drug companies need to make medicine smell like rotten bubble gum with toxic pink dye? I look like I am feeding my child strawberry Quik. I am thinking antibiotics also create wack-a-doo hair. No matter what I do, the piece in the front sticks up like its forecasting the weather.
From mother's day 2010
You're probably wondering about the Title of the post. Miles has blessed us with two new milestones this week. 1) he is fascinated with my moles. He points them out (all 2 trillion of them), and says "mole...mole...mole...mole..." Thanks, Miles. He skips the cherry angiomas. Too difficult to say. 2) His articulation of "car" has transformed from "carrrrn" to one of the worst offending FOWE words. Let's just say it rhymes with "punt." I have no idea what he does this, but Eric and I just about die every time he says it. He needs to get a job so he can start paying money to the Fowe job. Maybe he is trying to become a dermatologist. Or a gynecologist. Or a stripper. At least they all make good money--or so I hear.
From mother's day 2010
I got to spend a good portion of the week surrounded by preggos for 2 baby showers. I spent a few days knitting a hat for one of the girl's baby to be and had Felix model it for me. I loved it so much, I am making Felix his very own. It isn't much (don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job), but if anyone needs a baby beanie...I've got it down!
From Hats!
From Hats!
From Hats!
From Hats!
From Hats!
From Hats!
Boy do I fawn over popped out belly buttons and pregnancy glow. I think I need to start shopping at maternity clothing stores as I coveted some of the dresses of the pregnant women...THAT'S when you know you've hit an all time low. Or when one of the preggos is in better shape more than half way through her pregnancy than you have probably ever been in. But we took a nice family jog this evening. Don't even get your hopes up that I used that double stroller longer than pushing it up the driveway. That's what husbands are for.
From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010
(do you like how I covered Miles's face? Can't let him have center stage ALL of the time. Seriously, he wanted the cover down. It's a "tunnel" apparently. And yes. We jerry rigged Felix's side to accommodate his torticollis. Clearly not kosher.)

I've had a fair number of people ask what I got for mother's day. Ummm...two beautiful children and a cancer free husband is my reply. In all honesty, I asked Eric NOT to get me anything. And it was not the "no, don't get me anything...but really get me something or I am going to be pissed for you believing me when I said not to get me anything" kind of thing. Besides, who needs flowers and candy when you have a dying pot of table flowers and a cactus with torticollis?
From mother's day 2010
And that mess extends beyond the table into my entire house. It's absurd. But the rumor is if we give up cable, we'll get a cleaning service once a month. Done and DONE.

What else do I need when I have "tweedle dee" and "tweedle just as smart" flanking me, asleep in the car while dad shops at the Farmer's Market?
From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010
And you'll notice all of the shots my children are wearing the same outfit. It's like the gym the first week of January for most of middle America--you go to the gym EVERY day, and then fall off the boat and don't go back for months. I had that camera with me ALL day, but probably won't take another good batch of photos until Miles graduates from middle school.

So, here you go. My mother's day gift--a day of PLAY!

What's up, Tummy Time?
From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010


TICKLE MONSTER!
From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010


Cribbin'
From mother's day 2010


Hugging Monkeys
From mother's day 2010


Mommy is crazy!
From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010

Trying to recreate this photo of ME and MY MOM!
From mother's day 2010


Just darn cute
From mother's day 2010
From mother's day 2010


Just darn disgusting (but he took it himself!)
From mother's day 2010
Fully album (of an insanely large amount of photos) here.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Alison! I really enjoyed all the photos. Your sons may be trend setters - Miles with the off the shoulder look and Felix with the hair lock in the air look! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali, I had some catching up to do with several of your back posts since I had been tied up last week. I am thoroughly enjoying your family trip through life. Everyone's is fraught with challenges and gifted with fun and you will have a wonderful memoir for years to come. There's no better job in the world than being a mom and it's clear you are excelling at it and enjoying it!

    Good luck in Boston! I can just see you doing double duty running your ass off while knitting some cute baby cap and tweeting us about your splits! :)

    A much accomplished woman you are!
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your babies; they are so sweet & happy!
    --Tamara

    ReplyDelete