Saturday, June 5, 2010

If Toddlers Ruled The World...

The only required clothing would be bows.

From June 2010

Oh, don't blame me for this one! I picked my child up from childcare looking like this:
From June 2010
I told the Director that I know the boy to girl ratio is ridiculous (like 90/10 in favor of boys), but this is no way to go about establishing a more female presence. In all reality, a bow was given out to one of the girls in his class, and she gave it to Miles (although, I am 100% confident the staff tied it in his hair.) And Miles had no intention of taking it off even as we got ready for the bath, which was delayed due to him wanting to watch the Babies documentary trailer umpteen times...
From June 2010
and a quick detour to play with Mommy's milk storage bags.
From June 2010
(Anyone else notice how toddlers delay a bath like it is the plague, but then refuse to get out once in?)

I have to make apologies for not being my articulate self today due to a recent bout of insomnia.

That's a lie.

I'm tricking myself into blaming insomnia, but remember that 7 years of bad luck with sleeping I so clairvoyantly (I know--not a word, but I'm working with both Merriam and Webster on this one) forecasted a number of posts back? Yup. We went from pulling at least 5-8 hour stretches to up ever 2 hours for the past week.

I've never wished an ear infection on my children until this Friday's ear re-check. Please, Dr. L, tell me that Felix has an ear infection so I can give reason to his awful sleep.

No ear infection. Fluid still, but no infection.

Shoot.

So--what if I just fool myself into thinking he is sick so I can find the strength to withstand the night wakings? Does that qualify as munchausen by proxy even though I am only deluding myself?

In all seriousness, I don't want Felix plagued by ear infections, but this night waking stuff has me stymied.

And exhausted.

And feeling like a bad Mommy. A really bad Mommy.

What keeps me going are these 3 boys: (insert a handful of pictures with no real theme or linkage to the rest of the post...too exhausted to even try to develop an engaging editorial. I call moments like this "grandparent moments." They don't need accompanying text or thought--images are enough to make them happy.)

Miles's newest obsession is doing Tummy Time with Felix, encouraging him by saying "Hi Baby!" in a high pitched voice. Why didn't Eric and I name Felix "Baby?" Too "Dirty Dancing?"
From June 2010
From June 2010
From June 2010
Miles asking Felix to crawl through his "Tunnel." I told Miles he didn't crawl until 11 months--don't expect Felix to show him up at 5 months. Miles didn't understand and just got kept saying "BABY! TUNNEL! GO!"
From June 2010
From June 2010
And a few shots I call "take another look"

From June 2010
Oh! Cute drooly baby, no? Sure, but you'll notice a huge bruise peaking its border out on my leg. Evidence of one of the multiple night wakings when I jammed my thigh into the corner of our bed trying to put Felix in the travel crib.

From June 2010

Another cute baby shot, right? Perhaps, but you'll notice Miles holding up, in disgust, a wad of my hair. Yup. I'm still losing it, and Miles not only likes to identify it all over the house...but he now picks it up and says "Trash." Nothing like making me feel worse about my post partum alopecia, Miles.

And a few more for good measure. The baby is stirring (it's been the requisite hour and a half), so I don't have much time!

From June 2010
Have you ever seen a balding pattern like this? So sad. And so funny at the same time.

And because I don't have enough pictures of Eric with the boys:

From June 2010

There he is--with all three if you count the infant picture of Miles in the background.

Wish me luck tonight...

5 comments:

  1. Your boys are so beautiful! LUCK LUCK LUCK tonight. Oh, how I wish for you and your boys to sleep through the night. Oh, I wish I wish I wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so stinkin' cute together. Hang in there mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Ella would keep bows in her hair like that. The pictures of the boys are just adorable. It's so great to see them playing together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about lack of sleep! All I can say is that it will pass - honest!
    Yes, I have seen bald patterns like that - Seth and you. Not Nich because he just plain didn't have hair to lose!
    We love, love, love the photos of the cutest little guys! You are correct that pix alone are enough to warm a grandparents' heart, so not to fret about not having slept enough to be coherent. Just try to take the best care of yourself as you can until things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and, isn't it something how even with a cute bow, there is absolutely no doubting that Miles is a boy?!

    ReplyDelete