Monday, September 13, 2010

Pictoral Intermission

I haven't cultivated the next installment (Potty Panic) quite completely, so you'll have to take a brief intermission and enjoy some photos of our first real train ride at Stone Mountain. Miles was so excited to get on the train, and then when his dream was realized, he was most content holding my hand and saying "choo choo" with the most engaged spirit. I think he was overwhelmed by it all...but got off with what Eric and I predicted, "more choo choo please."

Here we are, getting ready for the train ride. You'll notice remnants of Miles's Marist tattoo. I am not a huge fan of pasting dye on my child's skin, but it was for a good cause--Daddy's big XC meet. And even though the darn thing doesn't wash off easily, it provides Miles his own personal "M for Miles" that he is delighted to tell everyone about. (And I learned today that he can pick his own name out of a group finally!)
From Stone Mountain
Daddy and Miles
From Stone Mountain
My attempt at a staged photo
From Stone Mountain
Mommy and her little boy
From Stone Mountain
Felix doesn't know what to think of the train
From Stone Mountain
The first real picture I think my "baby" looks like a real little boy.
From Stone Mountain
...which leaves me with only one baby, now.
From Stone Mountain

Off to bed. If you need me, call me at midnight...3am, 5am and 6am.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think both boys have changed dramatically since I've been there. So grown up! It looks like a great outing for all of you, especially a train lover like Miles.
    Don't say "finally" he can pick his name out of a group of names - that's pretty remarkable for a two year old! What wonderful memories you are making for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mom - the word finally has no place in that sentence. It is great achievement! I used to teach that to some nearly 4 year olds!

    ReplyDelete