Friday, October 1, 2010

Chinese Gooseberries

From Kiwi!
From Kiwi!
From Kiwi!

Somebody has an obsession with Chinese Gooseberries. And he strategically extracts out the tiny kiwi seeds and ejects them from his mouth. Not like he couldn't chew them with 6 teeth and 2 pushing through the gums. Yeah, 8 teeth in 8 months. Watch out--he'll grab anything that he thinks is within grasping distance and shove it in his mouth...and then tell you about it in loud, protesting cries when he gets up all night.

Felix's Go-Go gadget arms have kept us on our toes. I'm not sure where this latent "sit 'n reach" gene comes from. Sit and reach was the only element to the Presidential Fitness test I couldn't claim the 85th percentile in (I didn't even get the red 50th percentile standing). Shuttle run? Owned it. Pull-ups or fixed arm hang? Bring it on. Sit and reach? I think I was the only girl who couldn't even touch the measuring device; I just stared at my toes and tried to use Matilda-like telekinesis. I'm pretty sure Felix's reach is currently measured in "wing span" and not centimeters. Unfortunately, it makes the incentive to crawl even less. He may just be tempting Miles's 11 month mark for crawling...

...or may skip it altogether. Ms. B at school said he pulled to stand yesterday!

If only we could skip that 9 month sleep regression we just invited into his bedroom.

But how can you be mad at a face like that?

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm. The inability to "sit & reach" is a Deysher trait. Richards/Meyer's on the other hand, have quite the reach (what about Heintz/Morins?). What a riot that Felix's remarkable reach is curbing his need to crawl! He would join Gruncle Seth and Miles in the 11 month club, should that happen, or Great Uncle Johnny who just eschewed crawling and walked instead! Pulled to a stand?!?! Yikes! You will really have to "baby proof"!
    I love his Kiwi coated face and hair that is getting lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg for a correction. I was in your gym class and also got to the zero line maybe once in all my years of schooling. Painful.

    ReplyDelete