Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010 in pictures

I have to say, my sneak of our Halloween pics had two of the best pictures of the boys in their costumes, but I still decided to throw up a handful, and link to the full album.

Halloween weekend was very busy. School parade, morning out with the boys at Emory's new bookshop, long naps, neighborhood party, time trial at Marist, shopping, baking, and then trick or treating.

This weekend is going to be even busier, so I am saving my energy and am relying on the pictures to carry you through this post.

Ready for the school parade!
This sushi wants to go back in the ocean.
From Halloween 2010
First lollipop! And who is that hairy beast holding Felix?
From Halloween 2010
Mom was in charge of the school's craft--we made spider webs!
From Halloween 2010
The Director of the ELC was smart and instead of candy, opted for organic fruit leather. He marched through the entire parade holding them.
From Halloween 2010
I know, I know. The 2nd obvious choice for Miles's costume besides "The Naked Chef" is Justin Bieber. His hair just screams tween rock star. And I put Miles up against Justin in the "I can get girls" competition any day. (Dad, do you know how to snap a jacket?) For the record, this is not a costume. Just Miles being stylish. And hey, if backward overalls, or one strapped overalls can be fashion, so can a miss-buttoned quilted jacket...with a cowlick.
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010

Who is SHE??
From Halloween 2010
And now, I bring to you Sushi-Chef wrestling. Staring, Felonious Chunk and Milosovich.
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010
Miles spent the weekend wanting to be in big boy underwear...even though the potty is in semi-retirement, and he pees through each pair. He kept showing them to me like this.
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010
Morning at Emory with Paul Bunyan, er, Daddy.
From Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010

And here is the real trick...and a little shameful admission. I've let myself go. If anyone is one step away from needing a makeover, it is me. Case in point--see if you spot the common denominator.

Halloween 2009--26 weeks pregnant
From Halloween 2010
January 2010 -- 35 weeks pregnant. 2 days from delivery.
From Halloween 2010
January 5th -- 1 day post partum
From Halloween 2010
Halloween 2010
From Halloween 2010

$10 Target coveted purchase. I wore that shirt again this week. What's happened to me?

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Miles is definitely a "stylin'" kiddo with the Justin Bieber hair and the soulful blue eyes, and Felix is enchanting. Eric really grew quite a beard this season!
    Forgive yourself for the orange shirt repeat. There are some articles of clothing that one just has to wear seasonally!
    I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and good project, Alison!
    Miles looks like one happy lollipop holding boy!
    I love the teachers' wacky headgear and costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. deYour priorities have shifted. Now, when you are ready for a shopping spree, let me know. :) Mb

    ReplyDelete