Friday, February 4, 2011

Virtual Thank You Note

From Big Boy Bed
Okay, so I'm one of those those good "intenders" in terms of producing hand written thank you notes in a timely fashion. And it's great that my kids have now supplied me with endless artwork to transform into homemade notes...but this one is long overdue, and I thought I would be creative and write a blog thank you with pictures. I know the recipient's mom reads this blog, so  J and T, please excuse not only the tardiness, but also the fact that it is type written! (My mom is probably ashamed.)

Dear T,

Thank you so much for my "big boy bed." I love it! In fact, I love it so much, I invite my mom to test it out each morning around 5:50am/6:00am. My mom was worried about the transition, but it transpired without one problem. And I haven't quite realized that I can get out of the bed by myself upon waking, so there is no concern at this point that I will roam the house and make Nutella sandwiches and sneak out to watch Saturday Night Live like my MOM did with her brothers.

I love that it fits right into the perfect corner of my room. And I also love that it is now an ELC hand-me-down. From an "Alum" to you, to me, probably to Felix, and then I hope to pass it along to another ELC friend!
From Big Boy Bed
I ask to have the sheets changed regularly (IKEA has all of 3 colors--white, blue and "rorange") because at night I get "boogies" on the sheets. Okay, and so maybe 2 times I have peed on them. Let me tell you, Mom can change those sheets FAR faster than she can the crib that Felix adopted!


Oh yes, Felix-Thou Shall Not Covet!, Booger Boy!
From Big Boy Bed
He certainly enjoys thinking he is a big boy and jumps on the bed at any opportunity. Luckily, he gives me a little courage to do things like slink off the side, stand up and jump, and wrestle. Sometimes I am a little rough myself and ask for him to be taken off my bed, but I am usually up for a game of WWE each night.
From Big Boy Bed
From Big Boy Bed
From Big Boy Bed
From Big Boy Bed
Remarkably, the favorite toy for crib an big boy bed are the cloth blocks Schlotty made me eons ago. Thanks for the umpteenth time! The bed provides an even better launching pad for the blocks.
From Big Boy Bed
It's the simple things--generosity of one of my best ELC friends--recycling used goods--cuddling with Mommy, Daddy, and Felix--life is good!
From Big Boy Bed
From Big Boy Bed
From Big Boy Bed
Yours Truly,
Miles

3 comments:

  1. What a great post and so much better than a hand written thank you note. :)You are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the boys wrestling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from the joyful pictures of the bed J & T so generously shared with Miles and Felix, it reminds me of what a true family everyone at ELC is!

    ReplyDelete