Friday, May 13, 2011

I offer you 9 minutes of my tears

Not sure there is anything to say in this post...I think the video says it all.

Comments on the soundtrack below

It has been an amazing 3 years. 9 minutes surely doesn't capture the intensity of our love for you.

Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

video 

The soundtrack is courtesy of Sia, "Breathe Me"--the chorus echos through my mind whenever I think of Miles as a baby:

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me


And Ben Folds "Still Fighting It"--poignant excerpt. I heart Ben...and this song.

Good morning, son
I am a bird

It was pain
Sunny days and rain
I knew you'd feel the same things

Everybody knows
It hurts to grow up
And everybody does
It's so weird to be back here.
Let me tell you what
The years go on and
We're still fighting it, we're still fighting it
Oh, we're still fighting it, we're still fighting it

And you're so much like me
I'm sorry

13 comments:

  1. That was the ray of sunshine needed after a long week. He's such a sweet and wonderful little boy. I can't believe he's a little boy now!

    Beautiful video and lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! T watched it with me and for nine minutes he said, "My - wools" over and over and over again. Happy Birthday My - wools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Thank you for welcoming us into his growth! What a big boy he is now from such a little peanut! Love Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched from beginning to end with tears streaming down my face and a huge smile plastered on. The musical accompaniment was so fitting, too. What a memorable tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome video.... great job putting it together. Hard to believe that little Miles Linus is going to be three...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww...love the picture with the seltzer. I love that boy like he's my own...even though he shies away.
    Love you all soooo much!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Miles to pieces and this video just captures every bit of him. Great job mama! He will treasure this one day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Miles! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I cried too! What a wonderful gift to your precious little boy! He is a joy to know and love. Happy Birthday Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday dear sweet boy! Absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful video!! so amazing. happy birthday, miles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW...LOVE LOVE LOVE the video and the song!!! you are so talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally got on my laptop so I could watch it...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete