Thursday, June 16, 2011

My summer boys.

I don't know why, but the picture below makes me want to put Felix in a business suit (and wipe off the boogies and Mac n Cheese on his face):
The beauty of the picture below is that you can see how Miles's hair now parts where he got his princess castle head wound last year. I think that is pretty bad a$$. Falling onto the spire of a friend's princess castle is right up there with getting into a knife fight on Skid Row, right?
Swimming is serious stuff, folks:
If you can handle the skeeters, there is a lot of fun to be had in our front yard this summer.

Below: proof positive that my children, despite current popular sentiment, are not, in fact, twins as everyone asks us these days.

(Interruption--I, need, a, comma, intervention),

I had to crop the photo so that I didn't completely give away too much cheekage (I don't want to be the next Anthony Weiner), but please know that Felix's legs (he's the twin on the right) are COVERED in obscene bug bites. And the scratch on Mile's bum was a result of naked pool dancing:


Felix gets eaten ALIVE while Miles's skin stays unblemished. Maybe it's the antibiotics that Felix always has coursing through his veins.

Yup, on another course. Thanks to an ear tube being CLOGGED and pushing it's way out while letting infected fluid swirl around in his middle ear. And the ENT said we cannot get rid of the clog at this point. At least 1 tube is working perfectly, but the verdict: ear infection. Another 10 day cours of abx, and now we get to administer Flonase daily forever. Come fall, if we are still dealing with trouble, it's on to adenoid removal. I'm sorry Felix, but the plumbing in your head STINKS. Although, I have decided to develop a baby and toddler medical modeling company. I don't know if it exists, but I'm starting a southeast division. Parents magazines always have those ads with "sick" children on them--runny noses, pink eyes, sour expressions. Really, I have got to figure out how to capitilize off of Felix's chronic infections and those big eyes--at least enough to pay for all of our copays. (I kid!!!)

Just stop me if I ever threaten to put them in tuxes and try out for Toddlers and Tiaras.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gracious! What cute boys! (I need exclamation intervention). I can imagine you will get "Are they twins?" forever - fraternal, of course.

    ReplyDelete