NOT corduroy and a spider.
I spent all this money on costumes (okay, I shelled out $16 for 2 used costumes at a consignment sale) because YOU, Mr Miles, wanted to be corduroy, and YOU, Mr Felix, love spiders...and you rejected them from the get go. It was almost as if I were asking you both to wear a religious hair shirt or something.
- Thank jeebus for next fall's consignment sale (re-sell!)...
- Kudos to Nuncle and AunT (ya for the b-day astronaut costume)
- Huzzah for Studs (she sent a link with cute last minute Halloween costumes)
- Bravo for The Felt Frog on Etsy (I bought an amazingly inexpensive, homemade sticky Superman patch!)
- Shout out for hand-me-down blazer and button down from Miles
- Three cheers for black electrical tape and Mama's mad mathematical taping skills (Dad's costume was free AND clever...it's pumpkin Pi, folks...use your imagination on the pumpkin part.)
THE BEARD WILL GE BONE BY SUNDAY! HOORAY!!! Sad XC season is coming to a close, but every year that thing seems to get longer.
Tonight marks the 4th time we are dressing up for Halloween. I keep reminding Eric to tell the teachers at school that yes, My littlest IS bathed each night, but the Aveda products I've styled his hair with are not coming out. He smells like a walking Van Michael's Salon. (Could be worse!)
I feel like this year was a turning point. I barely got away with forcing them to wear costumes I elected after doing Jedi mind tricks, reverse psychology, and "one potato, two potato..."
Previously, we could dress the boys up like little dolls without even a fuss. Miles's first year he was a pumpkin for all of 2 seconds, and then just wore pajamas with a Halloween theme:
Please, the look on his face in the previous 2 pictures is AWESOME!!!
The 2nd year, we repeated our idea, and had him wear glow in the dark PJs from his Aunt Heather and Uncle Ryan. (Oh, there is that orange shirt you wear all of the time, Ali...you mean you wore it THIS Halloween, too? Post forthcoming)
And just because this picture makes me laugh...Felix was not about to set foot in a spider costume, or wear glasses, but he readily stole Miles's NASA hat and wore it around. And then decided he'd hang out by our friends' shed and INHALE a hot dog. It was like an identity crisis--Clark Kent, meets superman, meets Sally Ride, meets Kobyashi (sorry, had to mix in a girl astronaut because I think he still looks like me as a kid.)
It took WAY too long to do that in alternating colors.