Wednesday, November 30, 2011

First I get to claim a famous brother...

...and now a famous Mother!

It's true, my brother of In the Nick of Time Music was awarded one of Parents Magazines 10 best Children's CDs of 2011. (And my boys' silly faces got a little "face" time in the mag, too!).

(You're welcome for finishing off your children's stocking stuffers.)

And now my mother got quoted on CCFC's site for their TOADY Award of 2011.

Acronym time:

CCFC: Campaign for Commercial-Free Childhood
TOADY: Toys Oppressive And Destructive to Young Children

I re-quoteth:

"Capturing 43% of the vote, the Vinci Touchscreen Mobile Learning Tablet has won the 2011 TOADY (Toys Oppressive And Destructive to Young Children) Award for Worst Toy of the Year. The first “iPad” for babies beat out rivals the I Am T-Pain Mic (32%), Monster High Ghoul Spirit Fearleading Doll 3-Pack (16%), WWE Colossal Crashdown Arena (5%), and Monopoly - Coca Cola 125th Anniversary Collector's Edition (4%).


The push to convince parents that screen time is educational for babies is what propelled Vinci to outpace its formidable competition. “While all the choices were horrifying, the Vinci seems the most insidious to me,” said CCFC member Anne M. Deyser of Westborough, Massachusetts. “It’s likely to convince parents that they are doing something positive for their babies when that couldn't be farther from the truth.” Added Peggy Sissel-Phelan, Ed.D., of Little Rock, “People don’t know that without human attention, babies won't develop normally, much less optimally. They will, however, learn how to push the buttons to make the screen react. Rats can do that!”

Go Mahna!

I gotta say...I really dig having a baby and child advocate for my kids' "Mahna."

I guess this means the boys aren't getting Toddler tablets for x-mas from the grandparents.

2 comments:

  1. that is SO exciting about your brother's cd! i'll have to put it on today again and revel in its greatness.

    i hope your mom won't be mad that i got my boys leappads for christmas. but they're almost 4. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so exciting! Go Nick and congratulations to your mom!

    ReplyDelete