Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"I write like..."

My bro sent me a cool site called I Write Like where they claim:

Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers.


As a formal English major, this totally tickles my fancy. Although, my degree in public health does drum up questions like, "how are they calculating this? What kind of stats are they talking about?" Hmmm...I wonder if SPSS is used. Public health peeps, holla!

So, I pasted in one of my blog gems. I wanted a good one with lots of drama and histrionics.

I submitted...and...

I write like JAMES JOYCE

Really? Jimmy Janx? (I never got through Finnegan's Wake)

Ulysses
Dubliners
A Portrait of the Artist...

I'm right back in high school and undergrad.

He DID "perfect" the stream of consciousness technique...according to Wikipedia.

I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. I write like
    David Foster Wallace lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got to be the stream of conscious thing. I never got through his works either, and I find your writing to be very engaging.

    ReplyDelete