Monday, February 27, 2012

Thumb too dirty I wanna ride a birdie

I've made note a few times previously that I've resurrected the old hand games of my youth with Miles. I have *not* introduced him to a secret favorite:
"Miss Susie had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell...DING DING!
Miss Susie went to heaven, the steamboat went to...
HELLo operator, please give me #9. And if you disconnect me, I'll chop off your...
BEHIND the 'fridgerator, there was a piece of glass. Miss Susie sat upon it and it went right up her...
ASSk me no more questions, tell me no more lies. The boys are in the girls' room, zipping down their...
FLIES are in the meadows, the bees are in the park. Miss Susie and her boyfriend are kissing in the
D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K, DARK DARK DARK is like a movie..." et cetera et cetera.

Potty humor is not just for boys. And I'm calling out Rebecca who I know sang this with me on a # of occassions on the bus.

I do sing the one about Miss Susie having a baby who tries to eat the bathtub...and then there is a few other ones that I'll try to get on tape.

The song d'jour is "ABC just as easy as 1,2,3." Miles has been singing it for a few months, and I had to video it while his speech is still questionable (ie, cute until we go to speech therapy in a few months)



Knowing you all don't speak Milese, here is a translation. It's silly. It's fun, and along with finding all of the planets on my Google Sky map phone app (including Saturnen and Jewvenus as he calls them at times), it is my favorite part of bed time.

A-B-C just as easy as 1-2-3
My Mama takes care of me!
Baby you and me
Ooo..Ahh I wanna piece of bread
Bread too sweat I wanna piece of meat
Meat too tough I wanna ride a bus
Bus too full I wanna ride a boat
Boat too black I want my MONEY back
Money back too green I wanna jelly bean
Jelly Bean not cooked I wanna read a book
Book not read I wanna go to bed
Bed not made I want some LEMONADE
Lemonade too sour I wanna take a shower
Shower too cool I wanna be a fool
Fool too dumb I wanna suck my thumb
Thumb too dirty I wanna ride a birdie
Birdie too slow that's ALL.I.KNOW!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I wouldn't introduce "Susie" yet. They will be making rude noises with their underarms soon enough. they won't need encouragement! Anyway, that is very cute. Miles has a good memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaah! i totally remember the "miss susie" chant, but i think the end was a little different. ahhh, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myles speaking his own language...I'm sure "Miss Susie" would actually sound wholesome out of his mouth.

    ReplyDelete