1. Video Farting. That'll catch your attention! I hate the word "fart," and I also secretly hate how Eric uses the phrase "blowing gas." Let's just stick with straight up "gas," m'kay? Anyway, this video is just full of moments that make me giggle.
- First--at around 5 seconds, you'll hear someone ripping gas. Notice no one react. That's because I live in a house full of gaseous boys. They are usually good at saying "scuse me", but this time, it was apparently the house ghost who made the bottom burp.
- Second--this is classic "Mommy trying to get her child to do or say something, and said child totally has no idea what she is talking about." Felix, just like Miles, has an unfortunate way of saying the word "bridge." He kept repeating it over and over, so I had to get my phone to record for posterity sake. Camera rolling...he chokes. It's like he has no idea what I am talking about.
- Third--another classic, "I'm 3, so whatever you suggest is wrong. I'll tell you the REAL answer." Oh, it's not a bridge...it's a DECK, Mommy. I'm always wrong these days.
- Fourth--Felix finally pulls through around 46 seconds. The pièce de résistance...he announces BIG BI$#@!! Bingo! (Yes, I am totally immature at times.)
- Fifth--in true Felix form, he starts hitting Miles. (When they watch this video, that part makes them laugh of course)
- Sixth--these monkeys are clearly trained to say "good-bye" at the end of all of my videos.
3. Handicap. Oh, if only I had a dollar for every time Miles pulls this shtick--the broken limb ploy. Apparently it's a first child, boy, 3-year-old thing. Either Miles has run out of "gas," his legs are tired...or as evident in this video he has only ONE leg...and apparently the other one is broken. Walking from the car to the door after school never seemed so complicated. Felix kindly screamed so it's hard to hear Miles's histrionics. The best is when I come help him and he walks like a champ...until he is about to throw a tantrum. Ah, I love 3 year olds.
4. Balls crazy. I have no other way to describe Felix at times. He has turned into this lanky, scrappy toddler who talks, jumps, runs, and even bites like crazy. He was playing with the t-ball set, and realized it is a lot more fun to take a note from Mom's field hockey past and launch the ball by whacking it on the ground. Sometimes I think of that kid from the movie Parenthood who walks around the house with a bucket on his head walking into walls. That's Felix. This kid is going to SCHOOL all his friends at the piñata.
5. Kids in their parents' shoes is always a winner. "Where are you going?" (Finger up in the air...) "To RUNNING!" Again, I try to get my children to say things incorrectly. Miles says "moo-giss" for music, and it is so stinkin' cute. But at 3, they are on to you, and Miles just has the case of the "sillies" and adds other things onto his phrases like "fireplace" and "couch." Hands down, the best part is when I demand Miles say "I love my Mommy." And...ZING! Mom is put in her place...
Happy Hump Day!