Monday, May 21, 2012

Kids say the darndest things: late night

Totally interrupting my scheduled posts for the week.

I recently got two identical books to document all of the ridiculous things the boys say because I keep finding myself saying, "wait, Eric...what did Miles say that was so funny yesterday? Remember when Felix said that thing about a boo boo and tweezers and...ugh! I can't remember it exactly!"

Of course, the day I purchased them from Amazon, my kids stopped being funny...until tonight. I got a glimmer of silly 1 and silly 2, and have a feeling I won't regret the purchase.

Scene: Felix is running around in cotton training pants, which are padded *generously* in the crotch area. Eric panics and says, "Oh my gosh! He's got a pant load!" Eric sweeps him up and rushes him to the bathroom. Miles turns to me and asks, "Did he drop a log in his pants?" 

Um, has he been hanging out with some frat boys? I have no idea where he heard that! Oh potty humor. It never gets old...(Thankfully, it was a false alarm, and just a shadow in his underwear thanks to the exceptionally weighted gusset-like genital covering.)

Scene: (Later the same night after bath) Felix is trying to slap Miles's bare bottom. I remind Felix that we don't touch other people's private parts. This has been a topic of discussion since we got a birthday book that the boys love called Amazing You! (image courtesy of Amazon, gift courtesy of Aunt/Uncle and lil bit cousin)
Miles reminds me, with the straightest of faces, that one of the boys in the book nicknames his penis a "hot dog". Felix, not missing a beat, says, "I call mine chicken nuggets!"

We all had a good laugh.


It's like sometimes I wonder if I'm a 13-year-old boy trapped in a 32-year-old body (which may or may not look like a 13-year-old boy to some capacity.)

If this is what it's like raising boys, I am in trouble...

2 comments:

  1. I CALL MINE CHICKEN NUGGETS.

    That right there made the book purchase worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, these are great! You will make good use of your double purchase I am sure! I think that little boys are "born" 13 and stay that way for a long, long time...!

    ReplyDelete