Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My summer boys, the encore

I'm not huge on blogging analytics, but I *heart* the "popular posts" gadget that Blogger offers. I put it on my sidebar, and from time to time, check out what posts are trending in the popularity contest.

Hands down, the post that consistently wins president of student council is My Summer Boys. (And now that I included that link, it will surely hold office for at least 2 terms.)

Really?

I started freaking out that perhaps I had inadvertently posted a picture with the boys' heinies in full moon status, and that perhaps some pedophiles were abusing my site.

Yes. I thought that.

So I went back and tried to identify what the traffic was all about.

There is some crack, but predominately boogers and bug bites.

Maybe someone has a booger fetish.

I do love the pictures, but I think I've trumped those a number of times. And the writing is sugar-free vanilla at best.

It still kind of creeps me out, and I am just wondering what it is about that post that has generated the most amount of clicks.

I might just spend a few hours one night clicking on a random posts. It's gonna be a blogging coups d'etat.

2 comments:

  1. It's got to be the pictures - so cute! I can't believe it's been nearly a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't read too much into it. Of all of the photos I have on my Flickr photostream, THIS is the most popular by far. Baffling.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pyjammy/4011357094/

    ReplyDelete