Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Goodwill Hunting: volume 2

The problem with starting my Goodwill Hunting series in my work bathroom with an iPhone is that I am locked into these junior varsity quality headless photos with a dingy background.

Oh, and the repeated anxiety of someone coming in while I secretly take the photo on the fly.

Sure, some of you would change it up and use the nice SLR camera you have collecting dust in your cabinet...and maybe go the extra mile and put up the white photo background paper you have in a roll behind your couch.

But that's breaking the (my) rules. And that's nudging the line of "perfection." (I gave that up for lent. Okay, lie.)

Today's consignment look is called "polka dot waitress":

Polka dot sleeveless top: Forever 32 (er, 21) $2.50
Flare dark denim jeans: 7 for all Mankind $14 (I paid the Goodwill special item pricing. Splurge.)
Pink cardigan: J.Crew $??? (this bad boy is part of my own vintage collection circa 2000.)
Cream flats that are cut out of the picture: DSW $12 

Goodwill total: $16.50
Outfit total: $28.50+

Y'all, the pockets in the polka dot frock top is worth at least 10 of the 16 dollars. Love me some shirt/dress pockets...


2 comments:

  1. I will never look as stylish as you, but I scored 3 pairs of slacks (Dockers, GAP, and Bean's) at Goodwill in Maine for $10!

    ReplyDelete