Monday, October 29, 2012

Goodwill hunting: volume 7

Ah, snap! I got caught taking a picture in the loo! Luckily, it was one of the confirmed blog viewers from my work, so I didn't look like a total weirdo.

I call this top: when a butterfly and a waitress mate. 



My jeans look all crooked and baggy, which is funny because they aren't in real life.

Flower Top: Kenar (?), $2.50
Jeans: Paper Denim, $5.00
Wedges (not seen): Kenneth Cole Reaction, $6.00

Goodwill outfit total: $13.50

Here is a failed attempt at an outfit I wore quite some time ago. I took the pictures in a different bathroom and I just wasn't feeling it. And the blur is killing me.

Polka Dot Tank: Lands End Canvas (with tags): $2.50
Flare jeans of unknown origin: ??, $3.00
Cream knit cardigan: Borrowed! FREE
Pink flowered (not shown): Kenneth Cole Reaction, $6.00

Goodwill outfit total: $11.50

The obsession with polka dots is obvi. Previously I have expressed my polka passion in an early post of the Goodwill (GW-gee dubbuya for short) series. Below is one of the first tops I got at GW, and I would go as far as to call it my "woobie".  I kinda want to sleep with it nestled in the crook of my neck. The fit, the feel, and the keyhole. Girl can get excited about a shirt, huh?


Polka Dot "Wobbie": Banana Republic: $2.50
Black Pants: Express, $6
Pumps (not seen): Nine West, price unknown. They were purchased back in *gulp* 2002. I think we were still using a bartering system back then, and I probably got them for a wheel of cheese.

Goodwill portion total: $8.50


2 comments:

  1. It all looks great! The first is reminiscent of a Japanese Obi outfit.
    Do you still adhere to our buy one, give one away practice of closet maintenance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great but I am really coveting the floral shirt (obi). Good work! How often do you go to GW?

    ReplyDelete