Friday, November 2, 2012

It's the final countdown...

dun-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh!

Anyone else only think of Arrested Development and the opening of G.O.B's magic show when you hear that song?

Best show ever.


 So, as far as I am concerned, this truly is the final countdown in reference to my uterus. 
(Eric, start Kudzu-ing urologists.)

What better way to commemorate the experience than with a little DIYing of a maternity countdown shirt?

I am so crafty, I not only make people...I also make make shirts that chronicle my making of people.

Let's fess up: I take zero credit for this shirt. Check out the full tutorial here. (It took a bit of time, but totes worth it.)

And yes, I imagine there will be a ridiculous video montage come spring. Fun music recommendations welcome--although, I'm a little partial to the Flannery Brother's Tambourine song. 100% totally not pregnancy-related, but apparently I like to pose with instruments on my head.



I know, the pictures are dark. But the shoots take place late night on Sundays. The boys cannot be trusted with huge amounts of white background paper taped to the ceiling. And I cannot be trusted with their play instruments. Don't you worry...I've got some pictures with maracas and recorders, too.

If I was super duper crafty (and had a sewing machine), I would make a onesie out of the t-shirt upon nugget's (aka Jesus's) arrival. Mom? Looking for a spring craft?


1 comment:

  1. I love the boys "playing doctor". I can tell in the last that you feel huge, but believe me - you are not! I remember that experience when I was pregnant with you and thought I was the biggest thing going - not. That said, have you forgotten how tiny any newborn baby is?! I don't think, even given my limited sewing skills, it would make a onesie for Newbaby Heintz!!!

    ReplyDelete