Monday, November 5, 2012

Trois

Isn't the French for "three" so much more gorg than the Spanish? I never took French, but am tempted to buy Rosetta Stone, the French version, just to feel legit saying pliƩ, trois, and grey poupon.

I don't subscribe to the whole "push present" (isn't the gift the baby?), and know that we will be spending the rest of our lives counting each dollar, but in a first trimester haze, I found myself purchasing myself a necklace from Etsy in recognition of finally having 3 children. Some mysteriously find themselves in their covers eating ice cream...I find myself trolling Etsy. (or both)

I have known since the spring what I wanted to get if we had a 3rd child. This past, present, future necklace from SimplySweetStudio on Etsy. I actually first came across it when purchasing a gift for a family friend who had graduated from college. The second I saw it-I purchased it for her-and then said to myself "if I get pregnant again, I'm totally getting this...unless I have twins. Then I'll be in daily therapy and won't have time for perusing Etsy at night."

Pumpkin was not included in the purchase. I'm just getting all artsy fartsy on you.

This delicate trinket has been around my neck since the day I got it. I find myself rubbing the rings, like braille, wondering what what their trajectory in life reads...how much more wonder and value they will add to our lives...and how amazing it is that Eric and I are kinda, sorta responsible for it.

Mind=blown.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Such a sweet concept. And yes the baby is the present but I am not stopping him for giving me something for 9 months of puking and such :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and meaningful necklace. As with my cross (that was a baby gift to you) and the Mahna necklace that you gave me, I can attest to how intrinsically valuable are such items.

    ReplyDelete