Thursday, February 14, 2013

Some Bunny Loves You

Angry ute not only causes me some general anxiety, but also insomnia. And I usually have a choice: continue working on my work computer, or crush on Jimmy Fallon and knit.

Clearly no contest.

I've been an amateur knitter for many years, with a repertoire that spans...well...as far as the end of my bed. But in terms of volume, I've banged/knit/purled out a ton of goods for friends as gifts. And the boys and I are still in possession of a few hats and scarves I have thrown together.

But in all of my years, I have never knit a toy for my own children.

Shoemaker's children.

But with Jimmy and the Roots as my company, I have finally knit the yet to be born child a toy. Huzzah!
 Just call him nugget.

I also finished off a bunny for one of the girls who works for me who is pregnant with her first child, a little girl. 
Do you think my toys enjoy my photoshoots on the edge of my couch? (ie, the only place we get natural light). What can I say--jr varsity knitter and jr varsity photographer.

This last pose (they both protested, BTW), I took in honor of Valentine's Day and call it "Some Bunny Loves you." You know...bunnies doing what bunnies do best:

Spooning.



1 comment: