Monday, July 1, 2013

Carolina on my mind: Part 2

The beach and DSLRs don't mix. 
So I was reduced to my iPhone and IG filters. 
And only 1 of the 3 days of beaching did I get pictures since the day we actually worse swim attire (holla for the boy shorts and rash guards for post partum bodies!), I was pretty much on a constant battle to nurse Gus without having him ingest sunscreen or sand...and help manage the 2 older boys who were (are) completely terrified of water. 

I am just going to come out and say it. I've nursed just about everywhere, and can honestly say the beach is no fun to nurse at. 
Wind, sand, sunscreen, sea water, and sweaty rash guards. 3 year olds terrified of water who come screaming at you and flopping their sandy body all over you while you are trying to get a good latch.

Next year--I am hoping more days at the beach like this:


C'mon...you know it had to be done.
As my brother aptly said, "I want to be this picture forever."
Undies and Polos. And dollar store shades. Classic

1 comment:

  1. Those are some pretty idyllic looking photos. Fortunately it's not as scenic posting pictures of trying to nurse in the sandy, wet conditions.
    My friend told me about her little great niece and nephew who are twins - the girl who has no fear of water, and her brother who is deathly afraid. It's such a deeply held fear but it can and will be overcome.
    Your sons do look "too cool for school"!

    ReplyDelete