Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The draft

Confession: 

Sometimes I go back to previous posts on my blog to criticize myself for the inane things I post.
Sometimes I go back to look at pictures of my kids (who I miss during the day, but am ready to ship to the moon at 6pm many days).
Sometimes I go back to find old recipes, or even seek out advice from my former self. 

And sometimes I go back for one of the previous said reasons and realize that I accidentally posted one of my "draft" posts like yesterday's Twumping.

If I showed you the internal workings of this blog, you would see that I have no less than 20 "draft" posts of various subject matter. While I still claim that I will post just about anything, I do make sure that anything that gets published has at least a grain of merit and maybe a thesis, but I try to make sure they are all at least slightly coherent. Believe it or not, I have a lot of drafts that are just lists, or idea fragments, or partial posts, or reminders, or quotes, or artifacts of posts that came to me in the shower or a dream, but never make enough sense to see the light of day.

I had intentions of doing a "pump talk" post in the coming days, and yesterday's post was totally my thoughts on training wheels. I updated the post with my pump's "word of the day" and instead of save, I apparently pushed "publish."

Apologies for the wobbly post. At least it wasn't my draft on groin issues. (Oh, don't you worry; that is coming...toddler style.)

2 comments:

  1. that's hilarious! I'm always afraid I'm going to do that. But the good news is, I had no idea it was a "draft" and actually thought it was quite funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete