Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dear dirty diapers...I miss you!


Just a little over 6 months, and we started eating solids. 

Good-bye sour mustard smelling diapers.

Miss ya.

Yeah, you heard me. I'm lamenting the transition of poop in my baby.

Along with the granny netted underwear, lochia, and baby roll cheese factories, they don't tell you that you will hit a point around 4-6 months when your baby is introduced to solid foods and his diapers start smelling like...ess atch eye tee. 

I'm going to say it. Breastmilk poopy diapers don't bother me at all. In fact, there is something about the smell that is kind of sweet and makes me think of my babies. Don't go enter me into the My Strange Addiction series or anything, but I really don't mind breastmilk poop.





But breastmilk poop with chunks of roasted acorn squash?

I'll pass.

3 comments:

  1. Totally get it! Pre-solids, Maggie actually did not poop that much so changing her diapers was a breeze. Then solids came. I wanted to start potty training her right then and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of that immediately when you said Gus was beginning to eat solid food. Stinky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGREED. On all counts. Currently I'm in the "I'll give my baby's diaper another sniff because it smells more like a baby than like poop" camp (even with a few ounces of formula every few days). Real food poop = gross.

    ReplyDelete