Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkins: 2013

I know, I know...where do I come up with these clever post titles?

It's a gift.

So, on a gorgeous fall morning, we drove with all kids to our favorite pumpkin patch: Kinsey Family Farm. Honestly, it wasn't very fall like and by the end, we were all sweaty and aching for some cold water, but I just couldn't bring myself to dress the boys in short sleeves and shorts when getting pumpkins.

It's like...illegal or something.

And we have one house rule: fashion before function. (riiight.)

We got a few pumpkins, took a tractor ride, and indulged in the requisite hot pretzel for the car ride home.  

My favorite photographer doesn't seem to be doing mini fall sessions, so I was hoping to get a cute picture of all 3 boys for holiday cards. You know, perfectly arranged near pumpkins with an image that reeks of sugar and spice and everything nice.

Yeah, not so much. What's funny is that I struggle so much with smiling in pictures because I always feel like they come off as fake. And low and behold, I think I passed that gene on to my children. My favorite photos? The ones of their backs. Or when they aren't smiling. 

I mean, am I still allowed to be their mother saying that?









2 comments: