Sunday, December 8, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

This past week, Felix has contributed to his "KSTDT" book quite a bit. And good thing, because he's also driven me batty more than once.

"When I grow up, I want to be a talking elephant!"

***

Felix: "Daddy, it smells like cold out here."
Eric: "What does that smell like?"
Felix: "Ice."
Eric: "What does that smell like?"
Felix: "Water."
Eric: "What does that smell like?"
Felix: " Penguins; because they are SO chilly!

***

Ali notices Felix comes home from school in a completely different outfit--that is not his.

Ali: "Felix, what happened?"
Felix: "Mommy, I spilled."
Ali: "Felix, what did you spill? During art?"
Felix: "No, mommy, I spilled from my penis during nap."

***

Ali shows the boys a book that has a picture of a cow's udders

Ali: "What are those called under the cow?"
Felix: "Udders! And some udders swim in the lakes."
Ali: "huh?"
Felix: "udders. They swim and build damns."
Ali: "Oh, OTTERS!"

2 comments:

  1. "I spilled from my penis during nap" may be the best quote out there!

    ReplyDelete